In 1827, Judge John Wilder built a handsome brick Federal/Greek Revival style house above the green in the town of Weston. The house was lovingly restored in 1907 and again in 2006 retaining the fine woodwork detail. The house has high ceilings and big windows, lending a quiet grace to the interiors. The living room, dining room and sun room are spacious followed by cozier rooms for reading, writing and thinking. The well-appointed kitchen, with an Aga stove, soapstone sink and cherry counters, allows room for everyone to jump in to help wash, chop, stir and prepare meals. Each of the eight bedrooms is distinctive, including one with stenciling attributed to Moses Eaton. Across the road is a heated post and beam barn built in 2008 with a 3-bay garage and a large loft above. The second floor, with its plaster walls and cathedral ceiling, offers flex space suitable for a media room, office or studio. The house and barn are within walking distance to the Weston Playhouse, the green, library and little shops and restaurants. Nearby is skiing at Bromley, Okemo, Wild Wings Ski Touring Center and Viking Nordic Center.